Below is a listing of all networking events that took place during the SPN 31st Annual Conference:
Meet with the Journal of Pediatric Nursing Editors
Wednesday, April 14 | 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. CT
Friday, April 16 | 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. CT
Don’t miss your chance to meet with one of the editors of the Journal of Pediatric Nursing at the SPN 31st Virtual Annual Conference. Receive helpful feedback from the SPN Editors and present and discuss your publishing ideas or draft manuscripts. Confirmed Editors include Column Editor Sandy Mott, PhD, CPN, RN-BC, and Clinical Editor Mary Frances Pate, PhD, CNS, RN.
Registration is now closed.
*This is for registered attendees only.
SPN After Dark
Wednesday, April 14 | 5:45 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. CT
Come join us as we bring the pub to your house for a night of virtual trivial fun! Complete with a live and engaging trivia host, you’ll get the full pub trivia experience…without having to leave your couch!
The event will run about an hour and you’ll be added to a team with other colleagues to test your knowledge with fun and unique trivia questions. Climb the leaderboard together and compete for your share of gift card prizes.
SPN Signature Mocktail & Cocktail Recipes! Gather ingredients now to prepare for SPN After Dark. Ingredients and instructions are below and are sure to get you in a spring mood!
Blackberry Lemon Mocktail
1/2 cup fresh blackberries, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 cup water, 1/2 cup pre-made lemonade, juice of 1 lemon, lemon slices, seltzer/club soda, mint
- Add the blackberries to a small sauce pan and mash them with a fork or potato masher until broken down into small bits.
- Add the sugar, water and lemonade and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer over low-medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture to remove the bits of blackberry, add the juice from the lemon and refrigerate the liquid until cooled.
- Once cooled, pour the liquid evenly among 4 glasses filled with ice cubes.
- Add seltzer until glass is full.
- Garnish with lemon slices, mint and extra blackberries.
St. Germain Spritz
1 oz. St. Germain Liquor, 1 oz. Campari, 7 oz. sparkling white wine or club soda (optional garnishes are cherries, apricot slices, or fresh mint leaves)
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Add in St. Germain, Campari, and sparkling white wine.
- Garnish with cherries or apricots and serve right away.
- If you want to mix the cocktail ingredients, be sure to stir (not shake) it. You don't want to knock the carbonation out of the wine.