Journal of Pediatric Nursing
The Journal of Pediatric Nursing provides original, peer-reviewed research that is based on the philosophy that pediatric nursing incorporates a family-centered approach. It serves as a forum for the dissemination of current information in the field of pediatric nursing. Each issue will appeal to the staff nurse as well as management and will provide the reader with a lasting reference source. Divergent points of view are presented to provide a comprehensive discussion of subjects needed by pediatric nursing professionals.
All SPN Regular members receive an annual subscription to the Journal of Pediatric Nursing. SPN Members, login to the SPN website to access your free subscription. You will then see a link directly below this text which will lead you to the Journal website.
Not a Member? Join SPN today to access the Journal and many other member benefits.
Tips for Accessing Your JPN Subscription
Why is the journal website asking me to register and "claim" my subscription?
Interested in submitting to JPN? Let SPN help you!
SPN offers a variety of options to assist you in publishing. Our SPN Department Column is a forum to communicate Society news and to inform members of initiative and projects supported by SPN. If you have information you would like to share in the SPN Department Column, please contact:
Sandra Mott, SPN Column Editor
NEW! Calling all novice authors*, defined as someone who is the lead author and has not published in a cited journal in the past. SPN is now mentoring and publishing clinical articles twice a year in the SPN Department Column.
- Quality Improvement Projects
- Evidence Based Practice
- Case Studies, including but not limited to: respiratory illness, infectious diseases, and emergent conditions, being with parents when a child is dying, ethical decisions about treatment options / when to redirect care, facilitating a child's temporary discharge with a VAD until a match is found for heart transplant; or experience with advocacy for a child health cause such as vaccinations, insurance coverage, or weight control program.
- Small research/pilot or feasibility study
2018 Article and Ad Deadlines:
- May/June - Due February 1
- July/August - Due April 1
- September/October - Due June 1
- November/December - Due August 1
To be considered, please submit your manuscript ideas to:
Mary Frances Pate, Clinical Editor
NOTE: Please allow up to seven days for a response from this volunteer driven position
*If you do not meet the criteria for a novice author but would like feedback on your clinical manuscript prior to submitting to JPN, please reach out our Clinical Editor, Mary Frances Pate. Or you can submit directly to JPN here: http://www.ees.elsevier.com/jpediatrnurs/.