Join SPN in celebrating Pediatric Nurses Week October 3-7, 2016
The mission of this week is to promote pediatric nursing, the practice of nurses dedicated to promoting the optimal health of children and providing excellence in nursing care of children and their families. This week calls attention the critical work that pediatric nurses provide to improve healthcare delivery. It is a time to reflect on the contributions pediatric nurses make to patients, families, and communities.
Visit the SPN Store and purchase the following to celebrate PNW:
- PNW Buttons - A PNW favorite!
- PNW Temporary Tattoos - new and fun for 2016!
- Institutional Package - everything you need to celebrate with your floor or unit!
Institutional Package includes (available for pre-order though September 9. Limited quantities after September 9):
- PNW Banner 3'x5' ($90 to print at Kinkos or Fedex)
- 25 Buttons
- 25 Temporary Tattoos
- 10 Thank You Cards for your fellow nurses (printed on premium paper)
- 10 coloring pages - great for patients! (printed on premium paper)
Click here to purchase through the SPN Store. All PNW orders will start shipping on Monday, September 19. SPN reccomends placing all orders by Monday, September 26.
Available for FREE download:
- Thank You Card - print out and let your colleagues know how much you appreciate them!
- Coloring Sheet - a fun activity for your patients
- PNW Banner - take to Fedex or Kinkos to print or order an Institutional Package to save time and money!
Here are some ideas to celebrate with your nurses in the pediatric department. Do you have other ideas? Please email us!
- Raffles and prizes
- Create "Why I Chose Peds" posters to hang in your hospital
- Incorporate a fun theme for the week
- Activities for the kids like face painting, scavenger hunts
- Games for patients and their families
- Staff breakfast
- Ice cream social
Social Media Photo Contest
Send us your celebration photos for the 2016 Social Media Contest to firstname.lastname@example.org! Photos will be posted all week and a winning photo will be chose at the end of the week.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 Pediatric Nurses Week Social Media Photo Contest, Riverside University Health System! Citrus Valley Medical Center was the runner-up. Both hospitals celebrated with an SPN-sponsored pizza party. Check out their photos below, and make sure to visit Facebook to see additional pictures from this year's celebrations all over the country!
Riverside University Health System
Citrus Valley Medical Center