Grants and Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded at the Annual Conference held in April.
- Academic Education Scholarship
In an effort to help members meet academic goals, two academic scholarships are awarded yearly. The 2017 application cycle is now open through January 16, 2017.
- PNCB / SPN Conference Scholarship
The Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, in collaboration with the Society of Pediatric Nurses, offers a joint Scholarship to attend the annual SPN conference. SPN and PNCB are committed to increasing the knowledge base and enhancing the clinical, professional, and leadership development of certified pediatric nurses. To apply, click here. Applications are due January 6, 2017.
Research and EBP grants are awarded annually at the SPN Annual Conference; Evidence-based Practice Grant, supported by Children's Mercy Hospital and the Corrine Barnes Research Grant ($2500 each). The 2016-2017 grant cycle is now closed. Applicants will be informed by March 1, 2017 as to the status of their application. The 2017-2018 call for applications will open by August 1, 2017.
- Research and EBP Grants: The purpose of this grant is to support research studies and evidence-based practice projects (EBP) related to children and their families. These grants are awarded to SPN members, and may include research studies or EBP projects ranging from pilot work to large, multisite studies. Student theses, dissertations, or EBP project proposals are accepted. The proposed study or EBP project will be completed within a one year period upon receipt of the grant funds.
- View previous ANF grant awardees here.
The Evidence-based Practice Grant is supported by Children's Mercy Hospital.
ANF Nursing Research Grant
- The American Nurses Foundation Nursing Research Grants Program was founded 56 years ago to encourage the research career development of nurses. Each year, through this program, ANF provides funds to beginner and experiences nurse researchers to conduct studies that contribute toward the advancement of nursing science and the enhancement of patient care.
- View previous recipients here.