Join SPN In Celebrating Pediatric Nurses Week October 1-5, 2018
The mission of this week is to promote pediatric nursing, the practice of nurses dedicated to promoting the optimal health of children and providing excellence in nursing care of children and their families. This week calls attention the critical work that pediatric nurses provide to improve healthcare delivery. It is a time to reflect on the contributions pediatric nurses make to patients, families, and communities.
Visit the SPN Store to purchase Pediatric Nurses Week Swag:
- Pediatric Nurses Week Buttons
- Institutional Package - Everything you need to celebrate with your floor or unit!
Institutional Package Includes (available for pre-order through August 30, limited quantities available after August 30):
- 100 Buttons
- 100 Thank You Cards for your fellow nurses
- 1 Celebratory Banner
Please note: All Pediatric Nurses Week products will ship the week of September 17, 2018
Here are some fun ways that you can celebrate with your nurses in the pediatric department.
- Hold celebration raffles and give out prizes
- Create "Why I Chose Peds" posters to hang in your hospital
- Incorporate a fun theme for the week
- Activities for the kids like face painting, scavenger hunts
- Games for patients and their families
- Host a potluck, staff breakfast or ice cream social
Social Media Photo Contest
To participate in the 2018 social media contest, follow the below instructions:
- Post a picture on Facebook or Twitter using #ProudPediatricNurse and show us why you're proud to be a pediatric nurse. (The post can be on a personal account or institution's account - just be sure to use the hashtag!)
- Share the picture with your family and friends and encourage them to like, comment and share your picture.
- The picture with the most likes on Monday, October 8 will win.
The winner will receive a 2019 Pediatric Nurses Week package for their institution to celebrate next year!
Congratulations to the winner of the 2017 Pediatric Nurses Week Social Media Photo Contest: Children's Hospital New Orleans. Check out their below, and make sure to visit Facebook to see additional pictures from last year's celebrations all over the country!
Children's Hospital New Orleans
Student Nurses at UC Davis
Pediatric ICU at Cedars-Sinai
Riverside University Health System
Citrus Valley Medical Center