join spn in Celebrating Pediatric Nurses Week october 7-11, 2019
The mission of this week is to promote pediatric nursing, the practice of nurses dedicated to promoting the optimal health of children and providing excellence in nursing care of children and their families. This week calls attention to the critical work that pediatric nurses provide to improve healthcare delivery. It is a time to reflect on the contributions pediatric nurses make to patients, families, and communities.
Purchase Pediatric Nurses Week Swag:
- Pediatric Nurses Week Button Package - 25 buttons to distribute among your coworkers and peers.
- Institutional Package - Everything you need to celebrate with your floor or unit!
The Institutional Package is available for pre-order through August 30th. After August 30th, limited quantities will be available. The package includes:
- 100 Buttons
- 100 Thank You Cards for your fellow nurses
- 1 Celebratory Banner
- 1 Lunchbox to raffle off to an all-star nurse on your floor or unit
Please note: All Pediatric Nurses Week products will ship the week of September 23, 2019
Free to Download:
- Thank you cards - print out and let your colleagues know how much you appreciate them!
- Coloring sheet - a fun activity for your patients
- PNW Banner - take to your local printing store to print or order an Institutional Package to save time and money!
Here are some fun ways that you can celebrate with your nurses in the pediatric department:
- Hold celebration raffles and give out prizes
- Create "Why I Chose Peds" posters to hang in your hospital
- Incorporate a fun theme for the week
- Activities for the kids like face painting, scavenger hunts
- Games for patients and their families
- Host a potluck, staff breakfast or ice cream social
Social Media Photo Contest
To participate in the 2019 social media contest, follow the below instructions:
- Post a picture on Facebook or Twitter using #ProudPediatricNurse and show us why you're proud to be a pediatric nurse. (The post can be on a personal account or institution's account - just be sure to use the hashtag!)
- Share the picture with your family and friends and encourage them to like, comment and share your picture.
- The picture with the most likes on Monday, October 14 will win.
The winner will receive a 2020 Pediatric Nurses Week package for their institution to celebrate next year!
Wolfson Children's Hospital
Children's Hospital New Orleans
Student Nurses at UC Davis
Pediatric ICU at Cedars-Sinai
Riverside University Health System
Citrus Valley Medical Center