VIRTUAL EVENT FAQS
What if I witness any strange or unacceptable behavior in the platform?
SPN has implemented a code of conduct policy to define unacceptable behavior during the virtual conference. Please report any instances to email@example.com for staff to be informed immediately.
What ADA accommodations will be made in the virtual experience platform?
SPN complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and is committed to providing a positive experience for all of our attendees. If you have special requirements due to disability, you may indicate your requests during the registration process. Please let us know what request you have before April 1, so we can make every effort to accommodate your request.
How will my information be shared with Exhibitors and Sponsors?
Attendee information is not automatically shared with exhibitors and sponsors, with the exclusion of a post-show attendee list (you can opt in/out of this in your registration) and when you complete certain activities within the platform. When you click on “Leave Your Card” on the upper right-hand corner of an exhibitor’s booth page, your contact information will be sent directly to the exhibitor. If you wish to opt out of sharing this information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I want to register after the event starts?
You still can! Register here and contact email@example.com if you have any questions. If you signed up on the day of the event, it may take up to 1 hour for your account to be activated. You should receive an email with your authentication link to give you access to the site, where you’ll be able to set up your profile and password. Please check your junk mail folder in case it’s there.
I didn’t receive my registration confirmation.
Your registration confirmation email is only sent once payment is received. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to resend your confirmation email.
What if I want to cancel and receive a refund?
Due to the nature of the Virtual Annual Conference and the fact that all registered attendees will have access to all recorded sessions, SPN has made the decision not to offer any refunds for the Virtual Annual Conference. Substitutions, however, are allowed at any time prior to the event and can be made by submitting the request in writing to email@example.com.
Will I be able to earn Continuing Education Hours?
Yes. SPN is pleased to share that attendees will have the opportunity to earn 40+ continuing education hours for attending the live and on-demand portions of the Virtual Annual Conference.
Society of Pediatric Nurses is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Can I earn Continuing Education Hours for viewing poster sessions?
Yes. You can receive up to 4.0 contact hours for reviewing a maximum of 24 posters. This assumes about 10 minutes of viewing per poster. You can view all of the posters listed on Wednesday, April 14 at 11:15 a.m. CDT on the schedule.
How do I claim Continuing Education credit?
In order to obtain your continuing education hours you will need to fill out an overall conference evaluation and an individual session evaluation for each session you attended. You may fill out the individual session evaluation any time after the session is completed. All evaluations must be completed by June 30, 2021. For more information, click "Evaluations" from the navigation bar or click here.
I filled out my evaluation but did not receive an email?
Often the email will go to your junk or spam inbox. If you don’t see it there you can still download and print your certificate through the SPN website. Simply go back into the SPN Online Education Center where you completed your evaluation.
Go to the tab that says “Grades.” From there, under the session title, you should see “certificate.” Click on it and a certificate will open that you can print or download for that session. If you do not see “certificate” and it says you have completed the evaluation. Please contact SPN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an attendee, how long will I have access to the recorded content of the Virtual Annual Conference?
Full Conference registrants will have access to recorded sessions through May 31, 2021. After this date, if you'd like to access recorded content from the Virtual Annual Conference, you would need to purchase the Virtual Annual Conference Recording Package.
What is the difference between the recorded content available in the platform and the conference recordings?
Full Conference registrants will have access to recordings of all sessions (where speakers have given permission) within the platform shortly following the live presentation. As an attendee, you will be able to access this content through May 31, 2021. For those either seeking access following May 31, or for those who do not register to attend the Virtual Annual Conference, the conference recordings package will feature select educational sessions and will be made available in summer 2021.
Virtual Platform Access and Usage
What device can I use to access the Virtual Annual Conference?
The event can be accessed by mobile devices, including tablets and smartphones. However, we strongly recommend using a desktop computer or laptop with a stable Internet connection for best performance and experience.
How do I log into the Virtual site?
If this is your first time logging in, please click on the link in the email invitation you received to access the virtual site. You will be prompted to set up your account and set a password. If you cannot locate this email, please check you spam/junk folder. If you still do not see it, please reach out to email@example.com.
How do I view a live session?
- First, make sure you are logged in to the site. Then, navigate to the Schedule page. Each session on the schedule will have a small '+' sign in the top right corner. If you would like to add a session to your schedule, click on '+' sign. Or, click on the session to view more details. On the top right side of the page, there will be a button that says "Reserve Spot" to add that session to your schedule.
- Please note: You do not need to pre-register for any sessions. Clicking "Reserve Spot" only adds that session to your personal schedule. As a reminder, all sessions will be available to watch on demand until May 31, 2021.
I’m trying to join a session that starts in 5 minutes, but I can’t get in. What do I do?
You can access the session 60 seconds prior to the scheduled start time.
I logged into a session early and I can’t see the video or chat once the session started. What should I do?
If you logged in early to the session, you may need to refresh your page in order to access the session.
I am experiencing issues with the embedded live sessions, what can I do?
The virtual platform is optimized for Google Chrome. We recommend either trying a different browser, or you can use the Zoom App by clicking the link just below the live-streamed video feed.
What if I can't hear the session?
When joining a session, wait to connect to audio until the video/image loads. This should ensure you have a clear audio connection for the session. If you are in the session and are having audio difficulties, disconnect and reconnect your audio.
What can I do if I miss a live session?
Full Conference registrants will have access to all the recorded sessions (where speakers have given permission) until May 31, 2021.
Will there be a Q&A with the speakers after a session? How do I ask a question?
Time permitting, each session will include a live Q&A. During the session, attendees should use the Chat box to submit questions. Session moderators will be able to see the content of the Chat box.
Will the Chat box be visible to all or only to the speaker?
The Chat box will be visible to all. Session moderators will be able to see the content of the Chat box.
Can I ask a question verbally or only through the Chat box?
Attendees cannot ask questions verbally. The Chat box is the only way to ask questions during sessions.
Will sessions be recorded?
Yes, sessions will be recorded and will be uploaded to the platform within 24 hours.
Who should I contact if I have any technical issues?
If you are experiencing issues accessing the platform or with slow connectivity, we recommend trying the following:
- Ensure you have a stable, strong internet connection. You can test your connection at www.fast.com. Streaming media requires a bandwidth of at least 25-40 Mbps.
- Connect to your internet router via a hardwire connection such as an ethernet cable.
- Turn off other devices that could be using your internet connection; this includes disconnecting cell phones from the network, asking other people in the home to limit their use (especially for streaming services like YouTube or Netflix), etc.
- Turn off your company VPN, if connected, as this consumes part of your bandwidth.
- Ensure that https://spn21.us2.pathable.com/ is marked as a "Trusted Site" within your browser
If you continue to have trouble, please contact Pathable directly through the Technical Support Link under your Account tab.
How can I optimize my home internet for a better streaming experience?
- Maximize your internet connection by connecting your computer by an ethernet cable directly from your internet router.
- If you must use Wi-Fi, try and use the 5GHz network.
- Wi-Fi works best when you are 5-8 ft from your router.
- Give your router space to breathe by placing it in “free space”. This means not in a TV stand or behind the couch.
- Check and tighten all cable connections, with your router and with your computer.
- Give your router time to rest by turning it off for at least 10 seconds and restarting it. This will boost your internet speed by a few extra mbps.
- Close out other apps on your device that are not essential to your live stream.
- Disconnect other non-essential devices around your home (or office) that are connected to the internet: streaming devices, tablets, phones, video game systems, and/or smart TVs.